Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Secret Garden

I've been reading Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett. It's a story about the rise and fall of a garden which effects its surrounding. But tonight, I strucked by another Secret Garden. Performed by Bruce Springsteen, this Secret Garden has scene cuts among the lyrics. Well, the scene is kinda into my situation just now.

Jerry: I don't like to give up.

Dorothy: Oh please. My need to make the best of things, and your need to be what, "responsible"... if one of us doesn't say something now we might lose ten years being polite about it. Why don't we call this next road trip what it is. A nice long break.

Jerry: What about Ray?

Dorothy: There's no question you'll be friends. Of course you'll be friends.

Jerry: So this break... is a break-up.

Dorothy: Come on, Jerry. You know this isn't easy for me. I mean, on the surface, you'd almost think everything was fine. See, I've got this great guy who loves my kid -- and he sure does like me a lot. I can't live that way. It's not the way I'm built.


Yes, Lawni. This break is a break-up.


Secret Garden is performed by Bruce Springsteen as the OST of Jerry McGuire

Share

No comments: