Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Lost in Translation

Working in a world class company means you got a lot of exposure to foreigners. Better looking but still as salesmen, they tried to sell their product persistently. A kind of determination I really needed. On meetings, they often nodded as if they understood what we were talking in Bahasa Indonesia, just to please the future client. And they took every opportunity to speak to deliver a bigger chance to succeed, to sell the product we scarcely needed.  

My favourite moment was when Mr Bule said "Can i speak in English?" before he spoke. 

Yeah sure you can, Dude. But I bet a lot of us did not understand.
 

Share

4 comments:

perniquesenja said...

hahahhaa....that's same situation in my department bro,,,at the end of the meeting, my boss would came closer to me and asked "what did they say and tell actually, Ve?" then I just gave my simple smile :)

Lawni Tenisa said...

hehehehe first problem of the "world class company" :)

Ceritaeka said...

Mesakke lho Mas bulene :D mbok diajari ngomong boso Jowo sisan :D

Lawni Tenisa said...

arep tak ajari Basa Krama Inggil sekalian hehehehe...